Hoover HNC160 condenser dryer...........SOMEONE HELP ME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( CAN someone please help me???
I have a hoover condenser dryer that isnt drying..the filter light will not go out , even though all filters are spotless. So there is no heat to dry the clothes.......mother of 3 very dirty busy children and fed up of seeing pants and socks on the radiators.......can anyone help?? thankyou

Sponsored Links
Are the condenser and chamber/water guides clear. A build up of fluff in these can cause problems resulting usually in a failure/safety trip of the thermostats on the heater element (sometimes causing the heater element to fail as well)

Are the condenser and chamber/water guides clear. A build up of fluff in these can cause problems resulting usually in a failure/safety trip of the thermostats on the heater element (sometimes causing the heater element to fail as well)

Thank you for your quick response......I have throughly cleaned all filters etc of the machine and water chamber is totally emty...
If it is the thermostat can you tell me where exactly that is on the machine and where i might be able to buy one?? Im a single mum so want to keep costs down and try and fix my self........thankyou

Sponsored Links
Usually the thermostats are on the rear of the machine under a cover with the heater element. With one other normally in the front air guide (does not usually go open circuit)

It can be fiddly to remove the heater cover/back plate (sorry not too good with which Hoover has what for a heater fitting)

Most have 2 thermostats mounted on the heater one of which (non-resettable safety type) is usually the culprit for the heater not working (it goes open circuit),

If you post questions it is normally a bit easier for people to help if you can provide

Make
Model
Serial number
Product Number

All are usually found somewhere near the door/porthole

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back