Tumble Dryer condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hope someone can help me with this ....

Every time I use my tumble dryer, my kitchen gets full of hot air & condensation - water is dripping off the back door!
The dryer is vented out through the kitchen wall with a standard venting kit, I've checked this & it all seems to be ok.
I regularly check & empty the filter at the front of the machine - usually after each use.
The dryer is working ok, & the clothes are drying just the same as they ever did, but I've also noticed the back panel of the dryer is very hot. Should this be happening?
The dryer is made by Servis & it's about 5 years old.
Anyone got any ideas what's causing this & how to resolve it, or do I ask Santa for a new dryer for Xmas????

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Sponsored Links
pinkpygmy said:
Hello, hope someone can help me with this ....

The dryer is vented out through the kitchen wall with a standard venting kit, I've checked this & it all seems to be ok.

Could be that the internal coupling in the machine has come off. Remove back panel and check. ;)

easy way to check

put m/c on go outside feel for "constant blast" of hot air from vent, if none go inside and check for same coming from m/c

as has been said if m/c is getting hot it may be internal coupling has fallen off so air not getiing out.

Friend of mine moaning their td was not drying, i went outside and insect screen was full of lint, cleared this all working ok, funny thing was, when i joined hp, it was the first thing i was told to check for by the hp engineer who had been to their m/c

Happened to me once, the seals round the door were old and bad, the moisture couldn't be bothered to go outside through the ducting, it was easier to go straight out around the door.

Sponsored Links
Agree with all of above i.e. the steamy air flow is taking the path of least resistance, plus, yes, it is normal for the back of the machine to get hot as the heating elements are mounted just inside the case and the casing itself forms the ducting into the drum usually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back