Vented or Condensing Tumble Dryer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.. Looking to buy a home dryer now the damp & rainy days are closing in. I've noticed that vented dryers (one that requires an external wall or window to hang the hose out of) are considerably cheaper than condensing dryers.. My question is, if I can't externally vent the dryer can I still get away with a vented dryer if I buy one of those D.I.Y. condensing kits? I guess my question is are the condensing kits any good? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
My wife used to use one of the condenser kits, but she ended up hating the messing about loading up the condenser with cold water and ice cubes and emptying out the condensate regularly.

One of the first jobs I did for her was to install a proper vent for her drier...... Now look where I've ended up! ;)

Its worth paying the extra for a build in condenser, plus you don't have to mess about venting it and end up throwing any heat outside during the cold weather.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back