Hotpoint Ultima Tumble Dryer DWF60

Thanks for your help, guys. Got the cover off, poured water in and started the machine. The pump works fine, and now appears to complete a whole cycle without stopping. Not sure how I fixed it, but it works.

One slight concern - the "float" which activates the pump at a certain water level is nothing more than a slimy (dissolving?) 1cm thick square of polystyrene foam. It looks terribly insubstantial. Does it ever need replacing??

Appreciated.

Pog

Sponsored Links
It should be about inch and a half. Easy to replace cost under a tenner. Keep a eye on it if it happens again then needs changing. It's due to the soap/ liquid that you use it melts the float.

Thanks. I sort of figured that was what was happening, which is why I was so surprised to see such an important, working component made of such a substance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back