Hotpoint Ultima Tumble Dryer DWF60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Hotpoint Tumble Dryer which is constantly asking I empty the condenser bottle which is not used since the maching is vented and emptied to the adjacent washing machine outfall pipe. The dryer runs for probably 1 minute then shuts down because I suspect it thinks the condenser bottle needs emptying. All filters a re clean etc.
Anyone any ideas please? :(

Sponsored Links
Can you post the right model number cos the model you have given is a dishwasher. And you say yours is vented but condenser blocked.

Check the pump at the back is it working. Pour water into the chamber and see if it pumps it out.

Sponsored Links
Seems to have cracked it with priming it thanks. Many thanks for the levitation tips too, might try that on the wife!

Hi guys, me and the missus have been a bit stuck with this one ourselves. I'm a keen, but rather unknowledgeable diy-er. Please talk me through the steps of checking the pump, please, and tell me what you did to solve the problem, as it seems identical to ours.
Thanks so much for your time,
Pog

At the back left hand corner down the bottom is a cover over the pump. Unclip it that's the pump underneath

Thanks, Rocks1 for your reply. Which is the chamber I put water in to test the pump, please? I guess it needs to be poured in as the dryer is operating? It only operates for 1 min before stopping with "Empty bottle".

The chamber is under that cover. The pump is there too. Check under the pump the band under it is poss split.

• Thanks
Reactions: Pog
How do I get inside this? I have tried and failed. It's very soft plastic, so will withhold my usual "brute force with a screwdriver" method until all else fails!
Thanks guys. (I'm no engineer, as I'm sure you now realise!)
202000_201963_59331_77260111_thumb.jpg

The two lugs at the top of the pump , put a screwdriver behind it and lever forward. Then lift cover off.

• Thanks
Reactions: Pog

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back