Beko fridge freezer too cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Beko CDA648FW/1 fridge freezer, about 10 years old, which is far too cold - despite turning the thermostat in the top of the fridge to Min. The lower level of the fridge gets so cold that the vegetables freeze. The freezer is also much colder than it needs to be (I have a fridge thermometer, and both fridge and freezer temperatures are far too low).

The door seals are sound, and there is no fluff clogging up the pipes at the back.

I have replaced the small thermostat PCB in the roof of the fridge (in the light unit) - with no luck. Then I replaced the main PCB on the back of the fridge (at the top, under a cover) - still no luck. So now I'm stuck - does anyone have any ideas what else I can try, before resorting to buying a new fridge freezer?

In the meantime, I have resorted to using a time switch to give the unit 1 hour on and half an hour off!!

Sponsored Links
KenGMac, thanks so much, that's just the ticket. It looks like things are going to get messy!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back