Beko Fridgefreezer CDA563FS-2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to anyone who can offer advice. We have just noticed that the food in the freezer has started to defrost the fan is not working. The fridge light is on so I'm assuming the fridge part is ok though doesn't feel as cold as usual. When the temp is turned up from 3 to 5 there is no sound as there usually is. We have turned it off, pulled it out the compressor at the bottom is warm. We have been on the Beko website to check model numbers that have been at fault and this model is not on there list. This product was purchased in 2010. Could someone please advise as what we can do and what our rights are. We assume that we are going to be told that this model is not affected by any fault. We are dreading this as we are now going to lose the food we've got in there and we don't have the money to buy it all again. We are gutted and fear tomorrow as we are going to have problems I assume this by the other comments that have been posted on this forum.
Please anyone, help! Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply. In answer to this "never" as I was told by Comet that I didn't need too as it's self defrosting.

Just to also say, I phoned CAB consumer direct this morning and because I have no warranty Beko won't be able to do a lot. And, Comet are no longer trading so that's out of the question too.

I rang Beko and all they were able to do is give me the number for a service engineer to look at it, i rang them and it would cost me £60 just to have it looked at plus any parts. I cannot afford or risk £60 to be told it's going to cost a lot more. So I'm guessing now it's scrap!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
you should defrost them at least once a year otherwise the air channel will fill with ice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back