Beko frost free fridge freezer not freezing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Beko CF5533 frost free fridge freezer about 5.5 years old. The other day I noticed the noise from the fan in the freezer was slightly different but it was not blocked and later the food in my freezer was soft. It was running at about -5c The fridge at 4c about normal. It seemed to be turning on and off normally with the thermostat.
I tried turning off the electric for an hour then back on but still the same (this fixed same problem about 2 years ago) . Yesterday turned off the power for 24 hours and left the doors open. There was a lot of water on the plastic tray on top of the compressor which I emptied. it now works ok and the freezer gets down to about -18c It was last switched off for 1 month about 2.5 months ago so it would have defrosted then. Is there a part I should be looking to replace in this model ? I have read about a heater for the internal elements but cant find any spare part listed only the control board which fits at the top back of the unit

Sponsored Links
defrost for at least 12 hours with the aid off bowls off warm water frequently replaced

Its still working ok and I have been monitoring the current used to try and and see if the defrost heater is coming on. Does anyone know how often it should come on. I haven't seen any sign of it only about 0.4 amps when the motor is running

Sponsored Links
i havent got a clue but suspect several months in between defrosts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back