Beko TFF673APW Upright Freezer High Temp Warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have the above freezer in the garage and found over the weekend that it has thrown the high temp warning on and defrosted itsself.

I did a bit of reading up and turned off the unit for about 15 mins.

Turned it back on and after 5 secs it started a loudish humming noise which lasted 17 secs and then clicked and fell silent except for the fan in the top of the freezer which is running continually.

I had removed the relay from the compressor and tested across all 3 pins for continuity and all variants game me a pozitive buzz with resistance readings on all variations.

I removed the capacitor leads from the switch after turning off the power for 10 mins and got infinity on the Ohms scale across the capacitor leads connectors

Is there anything else I can check ? boilers are my game but to me it sounds like the compressor aint kicking in and im not sure if its just because the capacitor is goosed

any further advice or if theres anything you could explain to me to check and ill have a go.

Its been a decent freezer but id rather repair than replace if its economically viable.

Many thanks

David

Sponsored Links
is it colder than 15 degrees
most f/f wont work in unheated rooms below about 12 degrees
but yours should work as the blurb says

from the blurb
"
Minimum ambient temperature required for satisfactory operationDown to -15°C "

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back