BEKO washing machine program selector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old beko washer WMB71422. A few months ago the display has been playing up whenever I select the "daily quick" wash and now even other wash programmes. The screen starts going "bananas" flipping To the next and previous wash programs. Is it worth fixing or could it be a motherboard issue. It still works but I keep having to cancel and reset to the correct programme over and over again.

Sponsored Links
Try unplugging the washer for two minutes and let it reset itself. It works on some models not sure about that one. Hope this helps.

Hi thanks I've tried doing this but it remains exactly same. Its started over the past few months. It's ok when I press start and the program begins yet sometimes the program has changed by itself before I managed to press start and I need to cancel as it's doing the wrong program etc

Sponsored Links
I have googled online at prices for the programme selector switchthat lives behind the propgramme dial. I have seen prices around £10 - 15, do you think it is worth maybe replacing this first before a new board?

I was led to believe that the program selector was run by the motherboard. It’s sounds from your diagnosis that you can select the program you require but it simply doesn’t complete the full cycle without your intervention which suggests that the program selector is working.

No it actually works normally once the programme has begun but it's when I try to select a program after turning it on at the mains it flickers between one program and the next. I've noticed that if I switch the machine on at the on off button select the program but then leave it 5 minutes wait untill the flickering settles down I can then press start and it will work ok. If you still fear it could be the motherboard then I'll probably just buy a new machine mabey try a hoover washing machine as they good quite good.

I had a similar problem with mine and after the on/off trick I did get another 2 years out of it. But in the end the inevitable a new machine. 5 years is a good innings for a well used machine though. AO have a good range as well as domestic appliances at really good prices.

If you're confident , a strip down and clean of the PCB and buttons can work wonders , certainly worth a try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back