Beko wma520 w problem help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just put a wash in machine on 40 degree wash.
The program has started and water has filled up.

Then the machine seems to be doing a very fast spin, then just stands still for a few minutes then a very fast spin again and again.

Not sure what this means and why it is doing it ????

Any ideas please
Thanks gaz

Sponsored Links
Hi again just sat and watched the machine and it spun very fast for approx 6 times and now the start / pause cancel light is flashing.

Any ideas
Thanks

hi all
update number 2

turned off machine, turned dial too 90 degree wash, held in start button until light flashed
turned dial to spin setting and held on start button until all the led lights were flashing on the control panel

is this supposed to mean something ?

turned off machine, turned back on held start button in until program cancelled and ready light on.

turned dial to a normal 40 degree wash, pressed start button
the water filled up, machine spun very fast once, then sat nothing for a few minutes passed and then spun very fast again and again.

anybody got any advice for me please ?

thanks gaz

Probably one of two things:
Either there is a problem with the motor tacho (magnet loose on the motor shaft, tacho coil open circuit, break in wiring etc) or the pcb is faulty. The tacho generator sends a reference voltage to the pcb, which in turn regulates motor speed. If no reference voltage is delivered to the pcb the motor can run seriously overspeed...if it does it during a wash cycle it can wreck your machine (& half your kitchen).

Sponsored Links
thank you for your reply zipper.

a brand new pcb board was fitted a few weeks ago. and has been working fine since then.

how can I chech the other things you have mentioned or is it a job for a repair man ?

thanks gaz

You can do it yourself, you got a multimeter? Take off the motor & check the tacho as mentioned earlier. Mounted on the non drive end, you cant miss it.

hi zipper no I dnot have a multimeter, so I will take a look at the motor and see if anything looks ok with it.
thanks

Hi again sorry for late reply.

Ordered a new tacho coil. Removed the old one and the little round magnet that goes inside the tacho coil then onto the end of the motor shaft, is in two pieces.

I presume this magnet should be a whole piece ???

Firstly does this indicate the problem with the machine ???

Secondly can I purchase one of these magnets seperately ???

Thanks gaz

thanks zipper

next step I will try the local recycling tip.

too see if I can find a beko machine and give the attendant a tip in exchange.

Hi again

Found a beko machine, tried to get the tacho shaft magnet off, but no chance. Tried to lever it off with a screwdriver but it just snapped into two pieces.

Anybody any idea how you get these magnets off the shaft or how you would put one onto the shaft when re fitting??

Thanks

Some have a locking screw in the end of the shaft & some are a press fit. I don't have any Beko motor drawings so I can't tell you. But if it is press fitted you will need to apply even force on both sides (near the shaft)...or buy/borrow a small bearing puller.

Sounds like the machine isn't designed to be repaired. Can you upload a photo showing the motor and snapped magnet. It would be useful for my research.

Also please complete my survey on washing machines :D
google "Washing Machine User Survey"

Thanks for doing the survey gazweb. If you can take a photo of that magnet and assembly it would be much appreciated. Id like to show it to someone who is repairing Beko machines for his opinion.
My email is on my profile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back