Belfast sink plug fixing

Sponsored Links
Belfast sinks were originaly fitted alongside a wooden draining board, i.e. a wooden board. The chain has a screw attachment at one end which would be screwed into the end of the board.

Belfast sinks were originaly fitted alongside a wooden draining board, i.e. a wooden board. The chain has a screw attachment at one end which would be screwed into the end of the board.
That`d be a hardwood board with grooves cut in the top ;)

Sponsored Links
D'you know, I always thought that originally someone fitted a draining board and then it occurred to someone else that they ought to invent something to catch the water that was being drained.

Mind you, has anyone actually tried drilling a Belfast sink? I could envisage it working with a tile bit. It might even be possible to only drill part way through and use a resin to glue a stub of a plug chain, er, top thingy bit (what's it called????). In fact, a dental crown/filling repair kit would be just the ticket ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back