bellbox tone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all me again. I have a flashguard xl connected to my scanny 9600. this is just a curious question because I have actually never tried it. on the flashguard there is a setting for the tone a fast or slow. its currently set to the fast tone which I prefer. very loud as expected and happy with it.

just one thing though I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the slower warble tone is slightly quieter than the fast but travels much longer distances, and that the fast whoop is louder and more intense at a shorter distance.

is this true? or are both tones loud as each other. the flashguard is 118db.

I have 2 flashguards btw one at the front (sab) and one at the back (scb) and both are on the fast setting.

like I say I am just curious.it just sprang to mind. thanks

Sponsored Links
no idea, but test it and let us all know. I suspect a lot will be dependant on the immediate surroundings.

They will probably be the same. the siren is 118db, and it will still sound at that volume (unless on scb 110db perhaps) which ever tone you choose. you can try it and see and it might make a difference in distance. but as others have said it can depend on the surroundings. it might be very loud in one spot further away from or barely noticeable in another location but closer to the property.

I am sure others will give a better explanation on how it works.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't seem to make a difference.I guess its there for engineer preference. some prefer a fast whooping tone and others prefer the slower ambulance warble tone. but I am not to bothered as I have the new masterblaster in my shed. nearly had a heart attack and that was with ear muffs on:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back