what is the correct name for this bellbox now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I fit alarms alarms now and again, I have started using the flashguard xl and xtra's again after I bought a **** load of spare risco piezos just in case I get a piezo failure. When I recommend these boxes to people, there seems to be a lot of confusion. Other engineers keep saying these are obsolete but clearly not because I can still buy them and they are called "klaxon flashguard xl/xtra". They must be thinking of the very old flashguard with the single sounder.

I think I am using the wrong term, so to avoid confusion and arguments what are the proper name for these bellboxes, Are they perhaps called Flashguard plus xl or xtra?, Texecom xl or xtra? or Halma xl, or xtra? thanks

The sounder I use which I personally call"klaxon flashguard" has very bright twin oscillating red leds, siren tone select,(The fast tone sounds exactly like the texecom odyssey), fixed 15 minute cut off, xenon strobe, tamper behaviour select (hold off) and 5 second first power up, these are all the features with the bellboxes in question.

Sorry if its confusing but I would just like to know the correct name for these bellboxes to avoid further arguments and confusion.

cheers R

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Strange? so both the xl and xtra are both old then? better hope they don't run out.

How old are they? when did they stop making them? cheers

Sponsored Links
Can't you get it .....they don't make them anymore ....Flashguard ......made by klaxon ....part of the halma group along with texecom....who make bellboxes ....OBSOLETE..

No need to bite my head off! I was just after some clarification.

Curious question for you sparkymarka, why do you bother using this site? You clearly lack the patience and manners, I have noticed this a lot in your other posts, You are not forced to come on this site and help people for free in your spare time so why do you? Can you not find something better to do? golfing perhaps?

thank you anyway you have made it very clear although your attitude was not appreciated.

ross lets straighten this out, you have been very rude and your lucky to get a response at all.

what's with 2 posts of ignore, 7 mins apart.

I would suggest you learn some manners, those that give help here do so in there own free time, they are not employed to be at your beck and call.

I believe they are still available but not actively promoted, your normal distribution network or Texecom are the ones to ask.
I certainly can find some online, my suppliers no longer stock it on the shelf

ross lets straighten this out, you have been very rude and your lucky to get a response at all.

what's with 2 posts of ignore, 7 mins apart.

I would suggest you learn some manners, those that give help here do so in there own free time, they are not employed to be at your beck and call.

I believe they are still available but not actively promoted, your normal distribution network or Texecom are the ones to ask.
I certainly can find some online, my suppliers no longer stock it on the shelf
I never knew asking a honest question on this forum is considered rude, I will bear that in mind. I find it very rude when sparkymarka call me and others stupid when asking honest questions. I reported him so his post is not there anymore, I never said anything rude and was very patient, as for the ignore posts, those were some pictures of the bellboxes I was meaning to avoid confusion, I am well aware there is a very old flashguard now obsolete so I thought my pictures would clarify, I was trying to find out the proper name for these bell boxes.

Funny how you all stick up for each other, an op asks a question and the usual reply is silly unhelpful one liner, ie sparkymarka, and then when asked elaborate he insults me and then you all accuse me of being rude?

Last edited:
just hold on you were rude for twice posting ignore. not for your original question.
he didn't call you stupid, they have been around a very long time.
The response you got after the two very rude posts, was more than you deserved to be honest.

As for standing up for each other, that's what communities to, especially when some like you comes along thinking they can demand responses, especially when the question has been answered. If you feel hard done to over this, I worry for you in the big wide world.

now I could read that as you think the post is being ignored (very rude) twice in 7 ,minutes makes you extremely rude. or you want the thread to be ignored< which wouldn't be rude, alas I feel its the former rather than the later.

As for obsolete contact Texecom probably best talking to sales, there number is on their website, I understand they may not actually be obsolete, more being phased out (not marketed)with a view to make obsolete.

The flashguard bellboxes they were a few different designs, xtra, Xl (Vertical only), xpro, premier 2 piezo, value 1 piezo back plates, vertical and horizontal covers cant tell you all the cover and lens combos.

If you find an answer that you feel enhances peoples understanding then share it.

think the xtra is the most modern, but still probably 20years+ old, as for actual age of a unit they may be dated, not uk manufactured product I believe.

As for UK suppliers I believe they are available on request, rather than on the shelf.

secureiam, I may have overreacted for which I am sorry, just so we are clear the ignore posts were pictures of the sounders in questions (xl and xtra respectively) I deleted them after sparkymarka's response and could not leave the posts blank so wrote ignore on both. I think I was very patient, I never demand answers from anyone,I know there are people out there that do but I'm not one of them I can assure you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back