Piezo transformer heat

C

calumr135

Hi all, i have replaced an old bellbox with a klaxon flashguard xtra, the issue is the alarm cable is at the other end of the sounder near the piezos and the cable entry is at the other end and i do not have much slack to move it away from the transformer area. The cable is behind the backplate in line with the piezo transformer, my concern is the heat from transformer when the piezos are sounding may overheat the alarm cable behind the unit, the backplate is black so that does not help much.

Is this a cause for concern or am i worrying over nothing? How hot do piezo driver transformers get?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Okay so its nothing to worry about and the cable will be fine?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you confirm the alarm cable will be fine?
Although not relevant but just interested what voltages do these piezos run at when sounding? Are they high enough to cause a shock, or is it just the strobe circuit that is dangerous on bellboxes?

Maximum valtage on the Piezo sounders in your bell box is probably 24 volts. List of various common Piezo sounders and their operating voltages HERE

Voltage on the strobe could 1000 volts ( hence the protective clear cover )

If there was enough heat to damage the cable then the plastic back plate would have to be hot enough to melt. I am sure the manufacturers will have thought of that and designed it so that the back plate does not melt.

Maximum valtage on the Piezo sounders in your bell box is probably 24 volts. List of various common Piezo sounders and their operating voltages HERE

Voltage on the strobe could 1000 volts ( hence the protective clear cover )
Thank you for the information, Its sounds like there is nothing to worry about. At least there is some good people on this forum.
If there was enough heat to damage the cable then the plastic back plate would have to be hot enough to melt. I am sure the manufacturers will have thought of that and designed it so that the back plate does not melt.
Thanks for the information, it sounds like I have nothing to worry about.

AND ....if you have something to say ...have the balls to say it on here in front of everybody else , not a sly comment on my profile page when you lock your own ..

AND ....if you have something to say ...have the balls to say it on here in front of everybody else , not a sly comment on my profile page when you lock your own ..
Its not sly, anyone viewing your profile will see it i'm sure, but very well if you want it on here, i was saying if you cannot be bothered to help then get lost and leave it someone who will and stop wasting everyone's time with your stupid unhelpful comments.

We are not here to calm your OCD ....Stop whining about an obsolete bell box attached to an obsolete 30 year old control panel, and the day you give out any useful help on here is the day I pack it in ....so on your way with BIG ONE THANKS ...in probably 76 whining posts ...

Wow shows how much has gone on in your life if you remember a post i made nearly 5 years ago that has been long since been resolved btw lol. You need to get out more. Goodnight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back