Bellbox wiring (rapier g3s - Texecom premier48)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about wiring the bellbox.
I have a TEXECOM premier 48 and then wants a rapier G3s them places.
The standard wires can I connect. But the rapier has the ability to engineer mode and eol. This is not mentioned in the manual TEXECOM. Where the eol to connect 2k2 and what value?

These are the terminals:

TEXECOM............Rapier G3s

+12 V.................H+ (+ve power connection)
Bell- ..................R- (Sounder trigger input)
tamp .................TR (Tamper output: volt free contacts
0V .....................H- (0v power connection)
STRB- ................ST- (Strobe trigger input)
Aux / Fault..........FLT (Fault output: volt free contacts)
Aux / Fault .........FLT (Fault output: volt free contacts)
op?....................RTST (Remote test trigger input)
i don't know:
???? ........ENG (Engineer mode enable. Apply 9-15v to activate)
????? .......TS (Tamper output: volt free contacts) link with H- (have to choose wich resistor to put there in the rapier)

I apologize for my bad english ..

Sponsored Links
Hello Steven,

At the moment, Texecom are supplying the "Elite" version of this model. Could you indicate which panel you are using. Is it the "Elite" version ? Also, there are a few alternatives as far as wiring is concerned but the "Elite" is usually wired FSL (Fully supervised loop ) DEOL (Double end of line ) and possibly EOL (End of line ). Each of the foregoing refer to the resistor arrangement in your detection devices. The 'Elite' is slightly different from the older 'Premier 48'. If you are not using the 'Elite', then you may be able to use 'Double Pole' wiring. I need to double check that, so bear with me. The reason I ask is, if you are using 'Double Pole' wiring, which is ' tamper pairs to each detection device' then you may not need a resistor in the 'Rapier Sounder'. If you read the instructions for the Rapier, they indicate that " it is possible to use a resistor dependant on the control panel in use" or words to that efffect.

The main reason for asking that you supply a little more information is that you have indicated ten connections at the 'Rapier' which, if you 'wired on a one-to-one basis, then you would require a twelve core cable between the 'Premier' and the 'Rapier', since we do not use ten core cable. The normal sounder requires about six core at the most, and more usually just five connections. Of the connections you have posted, most of them appear to be correct, but I am a little dubious about some. At the moment it's a bit of a guessing game until we hear from you again, but you did mention that you have a 2.2K resistor which you want to place between TS and H - . I think it might be better if you leave it out of circuit for the time being, paricularly if you are not using resistors at any other point in the system.

So, I need to do a little more research on this, since it is more than likely that you shall be 'linking' at the 'Rapier' rather than running ten cable cores. We also need to get to grips with RTST and ENG, unless of course we have a bright young engineer reading this who can jump in and resolve the issue.

Let the forum know then, whether or not it is the 'Elite' panel you are using and the type of anti tamper. e.g. FSL or Double Pole. In other words '...are you using resistors in the detection devices ?...."

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Chain Daisy.

thanks for your reply chaindaisy.

I have the premier elite 48 series, sorry for forgetting to mention.
I have some detectors TEXECOM that I've put on T-EOL.
And some older detectors and door contacts eol.
But in the manual TEXECOM they do not really speak about eol with the bellbox.
In TEXECOM they make this use of the 2 Fault contacts for testing I think.
In the manual Rapier they use the two fault zones not. They connect H-TS and internally. (Behind-H are the resistors that you have to cut, wich you need) It is not mentioned at the manual of texecom wich resistor to use for the bellbox
So when I go to the manual of rapier looks you only have 7 wires needed.

I think that in the manual texecom they do not use the eol .

I do not know how I can connect with eol without the fault zones to use.

And I do not know what to wire to ENG should go. The idea is that if you're in engineering mode is that there is power to the bellbox remains and that the bell of the bellbox not sound when you for example the battery is replaced.

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

The premier elite is a grade three panel which employs the use of resistors. You say that you have placed resistors in some of the detection devices. Do you know what value these resistors are ? It is rather unusual to place a resistor in the sounder except in certain circumstances ( aritech sometimes do this ) so I am back to my first assumption that you do not need to add a resistor at the 'Rapier'. However, I have contacted Texecom today and they shall e.mail a reply to me. I shall let you know when it arrives (could be later on today ). Although I have seen the Rapier and looked at it's specifications, I do not have the 'installation instructions' immediately available for that particular sounder, but I shall continue looking for them. You also mention that you require the 'engineer hold off' facility. Since it's there, why not use it ? Alternatively, there are other methods of 'holding off' the sounder which are used by our installers on a regular basis. You also state that there are seven connections at the 'Rapier' but you have listed ten in your earlier post. Good thing though, since you can use 8 core cable. I do not have all the information I require in order to suggest a precise answer in this post, but hopefully we can sort things out within the next few days.

Chain Daisy.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't use EOL monitoring on the bell box.

You need an 8 core cable to the bell if you want to be able to utilise the engineer hold off ond the remote test functions.

If not you can just use 6 core.

With 6 core:

TEXECOM............Rapier G3s

+12 V.................H+ (+ve power connection)
Bell- ..................R- (Sounder trigger input)
STRB- ................ST- (Strobe trigger input)
0V .....................H- (0v power connection)
H- (in the bell box)..........FLT (Fault input)
H- (in the bell box) .......TS (Tamper input)
tamp .................TR (Tamper output)
Aux / Fault .........FLT (Fault output)

I've shown the 6 connections to the panel in blue. All the red ones are connections in the bell.

Let me know if you require the remote test and the hold off to function too. It will require a bit of reprogramming your panel, but can be done.

thank you for the answers.

I have a 8 core wire installed. If it should be possible i would like to install te hold of and remote test functions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back