Belle Minimix 150 vs Minimix 130 - What's the difference?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old Minimix 150 (orange) cement/concrete mixer has died so its time to replace it.

I'm currently looking at the slightly cheaper Minimix 130 (yellow) but can't figure out why it's cheaper seeing as the drum is the same size. The only difference I can see is:

- The Minimix 130 has a less powerful motor at 450W vs the Minimix 150's 550W. But if they can both take the same amount of volume, surely the Minimix will be capable?
- The Minimix 130 weighs 34kg vs the Minimix 150 weighing over double at 72kg. Is the Minimix likely to tip over easier with a full drum? Why does it weigh so much less? On the plus side, it's going to be much easier to transport on your own.

Is there any other difference between the two which would make the Minimix 130 so much cheaper than the Minimix 150??

Sponsored Links
Does 'more robust' mean you can smack it around with a shovel without causing too much damage? Which you shouldn't really do anyway if you want the mixer to last.

A heavier drum may also be the reason for the more powerful motor...

I wonder whether any of the other parts are different though.

Sponsored Links
I have some sort of recollection that the drive gearboxes are different, and the 150 drum actually screws on directly.....I don't possess a mixer, but have repaired quite a few. Belle have finally got their spare part situation (almost) sorted.
There seems to be more 150's around, too. Neither machine would appreciate being brayed with a shovel!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back