which samsung monitor, confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Got my parents a pc but they now need a monitor, looked at the Samsung T200 as it comes out high on reviews but then spotted the Samsung T200hd which has freeview and speakers built in.

I was going to get them the T200 for £150 and some speakers for £30 but can get the T200hd for £199, so basicaly they get a Tv for not much more but on further checking although they look like the same monitor except one has Tv, the T2000 is 20000:1 contrast and response ratio of 2ms whereas the supposedly better T200hd has a 10000:1 contrast and a response ratio of 5ms.

Both monitors come very high on reviews as if there is no difference hardly but do you think you will be able to see the difference and when will it show up if so?

Its tempting to get the T200hd as it has sound built in so tidier desk and tv for not much extra but the lower spec is worrying. Some of the reviews mentioned that the sound was not fantastic, does anyone have one to comment on that? Why do they have to be so annoying, why not keep the spec the same and just add features.

So trouble in deciding now, will the different spec make any difference and if so how?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I cant believe that you're actually so bothered to write such a lengthy post! ;)

Your parents will not notice most, if not all, that you are currently worrying about. (2ms vs 5ms is soemthing only avid gamers with a high end graphics card would really care about)

If the rents would be able to work out the TV/sound facility and find it useful then spend the extra. If they would prefer to watch their big TV in the lounge and only edit word documents which usually arent that noisy, then spend the £30 on 6 bottles of wine..

Some of the reviews mentioned that the sound was not fantastic, does anyone have one to comment on that?
They're monitor speakers, not B&W signature Diamonds! Theyre supposed to be for playing "dingdong" email alerts, not achieving home theatre sonic perfection..

Why do they have to be so annoying, why not keep the spec the same and just add features.
Because they take the best panels, produced in a minority and sell them to those avid gamers at a high profit in low shipping units, then take the panels that didnt do so good in the QA testing and make them into TVs, widening the market appeal and punting them on in higher numbers at lower profit margins. It's economics dear, and I'll lay a pound to a penny that your parents wouldn't give a monkeys either way :) (Such is the bliss of being older; you get your priorities more in order and leave fussing over the technicalities to the younger ones)

Sponsored Links
Back