GTX1050i card with 3 displays?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have that card, and want to use 2 or 3 4k displays. Though the third could be lower.

Please Pick me a display or 2?
I currently use 2 displays, but both are old. (smaller is lower res)

The card has 3 different outputs: I don't know what I can do with those

1689429219229.png

I don't do games; it's for dtp, cad, stock screens, all fine stuff.

Room lighting isn't ideal so I think I want good brightness and contrast ratio. 750:1 static? 3000:1? Is dynamic a better measure?
Built in speaker(s) would be handy.

I looked online at an Iiyama prolite. Its good stand could be handy, though it sounds hard to set up.
It has Picture in Picture. Wassat? I mean, you can use multiple windows anyway...??
Also some have nano this or ultra that. Mean anything?

I do some photo stuff so some colour controls could be useful, but it doesn't need to be Adobe etc colourspace compliant. If I really need that I'll get a specific one later.

Doesn't need to be the cheapest.
But eg
BENQ DesignVue PD3205U 4K Ultra HD 32" IPS Monitor is twice the price at Currys, but not sure what I get for that.
1000:1 contrast ratiois better than some less than others. Would 3000:1 would give clearer llnes?
250cd/m2 is less than some at 350 450 or more. Does it matter?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are you referring to the Nvidia GTX1050Ti ?
I have one of those and am not seeing 4K on anything.
1920x1080 is the highest I get although that may be a restriction of the monitors themselves.

It does however run 3 monitors OK.
I use 2xDVI and the HDMI port.

I once worked with a fund manager who used large number of screens. He lost money, on multiple occasions for multiple companies. I reckon you should wait a year or two before you do anything. Neither bigger nor more screens will increase profits. Watch buffet and munger on youtube. They don't need many screens.

I use an Nvidia GT 1030 and have a 4K plus a Full HD (2K) screen, both at 60Hz.

So a 1050 should be able to handle this and more.

The DP and HDMI will handle 4K at 60Hz. The DVI is probably more limited (I use mine for full HD).

I have a years old BENQ IPS screen, it's utterly lovely. I would recommend BENQ, and I wouldn't consider anything other than IPS.

Definitely get height adjustment. Definitely ensure all monitors are the same pixel size if you're using multiples, otherwise they won't align. E.g. I have a 27" 4K, and a 13" 2K. The second is a quarter of the size of the first and has a quarter of the pixels so it lines up properly.

Sponsored Links
Are you referring to the Nvidia GTX1050Ti ?
I have one of those and am not seeing 4K on anything.
1920x1080 is the highest I get although that may be a restriction of the monitors themselves.

It does however run 3 monitors OK.
I use 2xDVI and the HDMI port.
I saw 7680 x 4320, and thoght that would do.

How do you use 2 DVI?

I've been wanting2-3 screens for years, for photoshop and whatnot, and some CAD stuff .
I have a £30 s/h 1280 x 1024, which is 4:3 and all different, but it's very handy if only for emails.
My main monitor is fading etc

No I don't need more screens for stockmarket stuff, . I use a laptop if I need a spare. I don't know why you think I should wait to replace what I have?
Yes an extra screen will improve prodcutivity, if I needed it, which I don't, because you can keep track of things more easliy. If I do decide to sit for an hour, 4-6 "positions" isn't too hard to deal with., but you need them on screen, and you're browsing alternatives.

Height adjustments, thanks. I was looking at an Iiyama which stressed that.
I think it was BENQ who have a version with bells and whistles for fine-lined CAD work.

MY card has 2xDVI output a HDMI and a displayport.
However my daughters new card has only 1xHDMI and 3XDisplayport.
Which is a problem given that she only has HDMI monitors so has to use an adaptor.

I generally use 2 screens, only turning on the third when I'm watching a film while gaming and on the web.
However I have a load of minecraft server configuring to do so will be using 3 screens again, possibly 4 for that.

Back