Belling 930 Energy Regulator replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Belling Farmhouse 930 electric cooker. The Energy regulator on one of the ceramic hobs has become faulty and loose and I have tried to order the part to replace it. The original part was 31ER14MHT but apparently this is not made any more and therefore I have been supplied with a part 41ER102C1P but it has several more options to wire in. However, I have wired it in (with what I think are the correct connections)and when I reconnected the electricity it did not work and seemed to blow the next regulator in the line out when that was activated - which now means I think I need 2 regulators!

The main difference is that 41ER part has connection options for S1, S2, 4a, P1, P2 and 2(and one unamned connection) whereas 31ER has P1, P2, S and 2.

Have I wired it up wrongly - I matched all the obvious connections together and put connection that was originally on S to the new conneciton of S1. Or have I been supplied the wrong part as a replacement?

Any help much appreciated.
Ben

Sponsored Links
Wired incorrectly. I'll look up the wiring for it on Tuesday when I go back to work.

Sponsored Links
New regulator should have P1, P2, 2, 4 and 4a.
P1 on the old to P1 on the new. Live feed.
P2 on the old to 4a on the new. Neutral.
2 on the old to 2 on the new. Load
S on the old to P2 on the new. Pilot.
You should have a link wire from P1 to 4 on the new regulator.

According to the manufacturer you shouldn't have S1 and S2 on your regulator.
If you have no terminal 4 but definitely have S1 and S2 let us know.

Thanks for all the really helpful feedback, especially the wiring guidance and the link to the PDF.

I do have S1 and S2 on the regulator but also have 4 (and 4a). Also I cannot see an obvious link between P1 and 4, although it could within the casing.

Does the above info help at all or should I just go ahead and wire as suggested?

I gave it a go based upon the wiring guidance and it seems to work as far as the heating of the hob goes but the indicator light to show the hob is on, does not show. I know the light is OK as it is working for other hobs.

Any ideas as to why that may be?

I'll have to dig a bit deeper on this.
According to Diamond H your regulator doesn't have S1 and S2 and the charts I have don't mention them.

Edit.
I've had another look at Diamond H and from their diagrams I reckon if you put a link wire from P1 to 4 and one side of the pilot light to P2 you should get the light working.
(If you still have one more wire from the pilot light then it should go to 4a.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back