Belling double under oven cable clamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to finish the installation of a Belling BI70FP, but am stuck at the final hurdle.

I've opened the terminal block, but am struggling to remove/open the cable clamp, and am scared of breaking it.

There must be a knack to it - I've seen a comment on a youtube video suggesting it's like a cable tie and using a small screwdriver.

The terminal block seems pretty common and is like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belling-Cooker-Mains-Terminal-Block/dp/B06XZN3WR4

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I think the clamp is secured on one side by a tiny screw. Undo it and the clamp slides out.

You slide a flathead screwdriver in between the two pieces of plastic on the opposite side to the terminals and it levers up. They’re a bit fiddly but it will slide out.

If there is a screw on it, obviously remove that but I assume you have. They don’t always seem to come with screws

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back