Belling range - both ovens not working, but hob/grill OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Belling double oven, model 151 - this one I think:
http://www.chef-rangecookers.com/pr...lling-evolution151_152_153_printable_page.htm

The upper right (conventional) and bottom left (fan oven) have both stopped working.

The right-hand one went first about three weeks ago, now the other has gone. The hob ignition/burners and grill/warming plate all still work fine but both ovens, their fans and their lights produce no power whatsoever. Over the last few days, something has been tripping the RCD breaker in the house and I'm pretty sure it's the oven that's responsible.

I have reset the clock and ensured the timer is off but don't really know where to look after that. The temperature knobs are quite loose (they can be pulled off) though also tight to turn, not sure whether that has any bearing on the problem, or could it be heating elements... but for both parts to go at more or less the same time, is that normal...?

Sponsored Links
I would start with a visual check of the internal wiring, including the junction box where the incoming mains feeds the rest of the cooker, the wires to the oven elements and the wires to the controls + timer. It might be a neutral wire that is common to both ovens or the wiring to the timer. As always, cooker switch off before any dismantling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back