BELLING XOU177SS FAN OVEN PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please can anyone advise? My belling fan oven(fully integrated stainless steel single oven, fan assisted with grill) blew the trip switch recently when i turned the on switch. the time before a fair bit of rockwool insulation flew out of the front vent when I opened the door. Had an electrician out today & mentioned it hoping it may be fixable as I'm missing roast potatoes TERRIBLY! Typically, it didn't trip and as its been clean but sat unused for few months, there was an initial funny smell, which eventually faded. ONly a tiny bit of rock wool blew out this time when i opened the door. The light died yonks before any of the trouble started & i was sure that the oven was not quite as hot as it should have been and gradually a few programs were near enough pointless even trying... yet today it seems to be heating up on fan & non fan settings. Is it safe to use if I cover food so no rock wool falls in? does anyone know what it may be? it is fully integrated and above I have a ceramic inset hob(elec) I did wonder if any fluid from cooking may have leaked in causing the trip out.... oh must also mention there was a funny tin foil rattle with the fan settings today but this seems to have stopped now once i had it on non fan for a minute. Also when problems initially began, i remember it didn't seem to work on much more than the grill, was almost like one function less each day... but today it seems to be heating on most settings-in fact the light is prob the only thing not working.I know i should really get a new one....what would anyone else do....the electricain was sure it shouldn't catch fire but because of the rockwool wasn't keen on cooking with it...i can't see the harm if food is covered?oh one last thing!! The right hand side control came lose before probs began but yesterday I fiddled with it & it was ok to turn again & slotted back into its housing-it is a bit stiff to turn but could this have been the fault with the lack of heat???Thank you very much..any solutions graefully received:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back