Bend Radii.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know what a "sensible" bend radius would be for 22mm Hep2o barrier pipe please ? I am having to reroute some CH pipe to clear a wall & after looking at all the different possibilities, I decided that it would be better to take the pipe directly down from the boiler, through the ground floor to rejoin up with the existing pipework, mainly to avoid having to rip up any of the 2nd bedroom floor.

The ground floor is approximately 12" from bottom of planks to the actual ground, would this be an OK radius to bend to ?

Also, I would have to cut & stop the existing 22mm pipe upstairs, to allow the upstairs rads to still be in cct, would this still be OK for the CH to work properly ? I've shown below basically what I'm proposing :-

pipes2yw8.jpg

The new tee into the pipework from the boiler is 1.75M ( more than the minimum recommended 1M I believe ) If anyone could tell me whether this is a workable plan I would appreciate it.

Thanks as always

Sponsored Links
Can't see anything wrong with your proposal, assuming it's a combi of course,instead of stop ends why not install drain off cocks?

Keith.

Can't see anything wrong with your proposal, assuming it's a combi of course,instead of stop ends why not install drain off cocks?Keith.

Hmmm, good call on the drain-offs, thanks, especially seeing as the new tees at the boiler may well have to be on the very last ( 4" or so ) vertical section of pipe. The boiler isn't a combi, it's just a normal heat only boiler, supplying radiators only, no DHW. Is there a problem with that ?

Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much wiggikins. Summat else for me to do this weekend then :( It never ends does it ?

Just dawned on me that I didn't get an answer to the title question :( maybe I should start new threads and not ask so many questions in one post :oops: Anyway, I just measured the gap under the flooring and the radius of the bend would end up being 9½ inches. Would this be OK for 22mm hep2o barrier pipe ?

Cheers guys

Its not good to have plastic within a couple of metres of the boiler.

In the boiler instruction manual, it says that plastic is OK as long as it's at least a metre away from the flow/return outlets. The plastic I want to install will be 1.75M away.

I'm going to use quality hepworths gear as well, so are you saying that the boiler instructions are pushing it to the limit ? Or is 2M a "Council of Perfection" so to speak ?

Thanks

Seen plastic straight into F&R a couple of times , been there over 12 months and been fine . That don't make it right though!! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back