Bendix BIW 103 W won't enter full speed spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have got a Bendix BIW 103W washing machine which won't start the high speed spin. I have checked the filter, the pump is pumping out, I have tried it with the drum empty. It starts to attempt the spin, stops and reverses as if balancing load and repeats about 3 times and then ends. The pump appears to be pumping during the procedure. I have checked the brushes and all the pipework is clear. I am not sure if there is an imbalance sensor and if so where to look. Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks chrisdur

Sponsored Links
Hi assuhors, I have taken the timer unit out today as I did find somebody had mentioned that they had changed the capacitor on the circuit board and have managed to source a replacement capacitor but am going to order one tomorrow and give it a go. Am I wasting my time or is it a possibility?

Sponsored Links
Hi I have replaced the capacitor (£0-79 + £1-75 post) and tested the machine and problem solved. Thanks for your help chrisdur

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back