tricity bendix starts to spin then stops help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone need some of your expert advice desparately :( . i have a 2 yr old bendix washing machine that does will not spin. spins two times thens stops. ive checked the brushes and they are fine and ive cleaned out the pump cover (although there was a few plastic curtain hooks in there :oops: , and iam able to turn the drum by hand easily, its draining the water away just will not spin. i had a guy out today to look at it and that was all he did. i had the top off already and he pered inside and said "need new motor £85.00 be back monday". i think iam being fleeced what do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Could be the magnetic pick up on the end of the motor (registers the speed the motor is doing)

If it can not detect the motor moving it will not continue running

Have had some recently on Zanussi (Electrolux same as Tricity Bendix) where the pick up has come unscrewed from the back of the motor (brush end, in the end cap)

would not hurt to check there or the two thin wires going into the connector on the motor from the pick up for damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back