Bent 600x300 tiles!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fellas. Just started a shower room using 600x300 porcelain laid brickwork styly. Started first course putting a long straight edge on face and could i get these things flat. Put a level on face of a single tile and it was flush one half but with a gap of around 4-5mm the other end. Started a second course but could not get rid of lips. Thought to use bigger spacers to disguise but thats just not right. Decided to not carry on as it was not going to look good so customer has decided to choose another tile. Turns out the store knew about the problem as they have had other fixers return tiles aswell. So, bent tiles, any more of you experience this? Another quicky, BAL products seem popular but i have a supplier who gets me Dunlop producs far cheaper, especially SPF's. Turns out Dunlop is made by BAL. Does the job. Anyone?

Sponsored Links
Bent tiles - sh8t happens. Probably friday afternoon and the geezer wanted to get himself down the local tapas bar.
Yeah Bal make dunlop gear but it's not the same stuff. Use what you want for walls and solid floors, but if you want my opinion, always go for Bal for tiling onto timber floors of any kind.

When tiles are made, they dry out. If you imagine a leaf fallen off a tree, as it dries out, the edges curl. The same thing happens with tiles. You don't see it on the smaller ones, but it is common on larger tiles.

And definetly go with BAL adhesives on timber. Can't go wrong!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back