Bent gas pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst doing some other work in my kitchen I had to bend a gas pipe out of the way. At the point where I bent it the pipe it is now slightly constricted. There does not appear to be any other damage and I am quite confident there is no leak.

However, will the constriction affect the gas pressure going to the hob? :?:
Question

Sponsored Links
The crease in the bend will also be a weak spot if the pipe gets caught in the future.

Sponsored Links
by looking at pics, it may have hairline crack or very small spilt. I would get it check and replace it.

Dan.

I would be more concerned about the length of 8MM pipe? going to the hob,should be no more than a meter.

Personally, I'd cut it out and replace it but it is your house, your family and your funeral..

The fact that you felt it important enough to ask the question about it suggests that you are concerned so you already know what to do..

As the pictures are not quite in focus could you confirm that the pipe is copper and not lead.

Also, one way of assessing if the pipe is in a safe and serviceable condition in your mind is to ask your self if you would be happy with it if it was a brake pipe on a school bus that was about to off with your family on board.

I am not trying to put the frighteners up you but for the cost of a visit from a competant person you will get reassurance of the gas pipes condition, and your families safety.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back