Bentone Electro oil Motor/Pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an issue with my oil fueled boiler - it is fitted with a Bentone (Swedish) Electro oil AB motor/pump assembly which has become very noisy - like screeching.

It sounds like it could be the motor bearings (there are no grease points so probably sealed bearings anyway)

The motor is stamped SP272T 2.5 (99.100 series)

Are spares available?

Is this an easy fix for the trade?

Is there an installation/maintenance pdf (exploded view diagram)?

Any other advice?

Thanks.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Motors are availlable!!

EB95C Look on data plate for wattage! 75w , 90w or 110w !!

There will be an asterisk on data plate denoting which burner !!

Motor (nameplate was on the back of the motor - typical!!!)

Simel

CD 31/2070
90W
240V 1PH 50Hz
2 pole
0.65A
4 uF cap

Boiler

Panda 65

Sponsored Links
No problem ,You have all the info that you need!!

I'm supprised it does not say 2740rpm though!!

Replacement motor could be any of several manufacturers, but all are same spec, AEG is common!!

Just checked invoices!!

Parts Center cat no 437934.

Why not just replace the bearings?.If I am correct they will be fully shielded and probably cost no more than about £3.00 in vat each.

For the price that I pay for a motor,it is not worth my time to replace the bearing!! ;)

Plus I can give a 12mth warranty !!

If however you feel up to a bit of electrical fitting,Then change bearings!!

Ive checked parts center for the motor and this item looks exactly the same - is this an easy swap???

There is 30mm clearance behind the motor and I would hope that once the 2 motor fixing bolts are removed the motor can be pulled off of the pump and lifted out of the boiler external housing.

I am also assuming that the motor has a keyway and key which just plugs into the pump - is this the case?

Thanks again - Andy

Remove the burner from the boiler (2grub screws).
Undo motor mounting bolts.
Remove the splined drive dog on the impellor to expose the impellor fixing screw (Allen key req).
If impellor is siezed onto shaft,soak with wd40.
Sometimes it's necessary to insert hacksaw blade between motor and fan to cut shaft.
Hub can then be supported and shaft drifted out !!
Reassemble in reverse order !!

I wanted to leave the burner in place if possible and just remove the motor - is this not possible?

Andy

You will not have enough room to withdraw motor and impellor!!

It's a 2min job to remove burner.(unless no flexi oil line fitted).

If you can not remove the burner then I fear this job may be beyond you capabilities ! :confused:

I replace bearings except when a motor is definitely u/s. Screeching is only bearings. Bearings are 6202-2RS for the pump end, and 6202-2ZZ for the fan end. I never have to go anywhere the shaft with a hacksaw, a bearing puller does the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back