Berber / Hardwearing carpets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm hoping to sell my first home next year but the carpets have been down for 20 years +. They are berber.

I got a quote for hall, stairs, landing, and 3 bedrooms (one is pretty large 5 x 5 m). It came to £1000 for a cheap looking Saxony. The fitter wasn't keen on selling me berber (£200 cheaper overall) which I initially inquired about but I'm not sure why. He said it was because the new owners will just rip it up again but I figured they might do that regardless with a cheap carpet. Either way the current carpet is too unsightly.

1.) Are berbers that undesirable?

The underlay looks okay but he recommended changing it. The stuff included in the quote doesn't look great and the stuff down isn't gone but again it's old.

2.) Should I go for the cheapest option. Berbers without underlay?

I also have too much furniture to do all rooms in one day. I need time to move things. He said there would be an additional charge to come back.

3.)Any idea what's an acceptable amount?

The fitting is already £250 if done on the same day.

Sponsored Links
If you’re selling the place, go for the cheapest option. All our upstairs carpets including the stairs and landing are Berbers. I like them and I think they wear well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back