Best rubber underlay for deep pile saxony carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to order a deep pile saxony capet for my through lounge which faces a busy concrete road. I dont want the cheap could 9 foam underlay, as i prefer the rubber waffle stuff as been around a long time and helps to reduce noise.

What is the best weight undelay to use for this type of carpet I know that you shouldn't order too thick as you can cause problems for fitting this type of carpet.

Sponsored Links
hi
im a carpet flooring installer and with what you have said in mind i cant recommend enough that you give up your love of rubber underlayment.
i have fitted on all types of underlay/carpet combinations over the years and have found that with regards to carpet wear and feelable comfort over long term the cloud 9 style of underlay is a truely great partner to a great saxony.I have to agree that crumb rubber/rubber is some of the toughest, heaviest underlay on the market and if you prefer a harder more unforgiving feel, then it’s the underlay for you.

"Try this at home: The recovery from compression test is important, it simulates footfall and static loading. Take a cutting of Richstep, Cirrus or Softwalk and put it under the leg of a heavy desk with a cutting of your favourite waffle rubber under another.
Leave them for a month, then take them both out and watch the recovery process!
On the basis of what you see before your eyes, I find it hard to understand that Interfloor’s top
five underlays are sponge rubber. We always said, ‘Cloud 9 will outperform sponge rubber and
‘outcomfort’ crumb rubber. ."

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back