Bercow 'they're conspiring against me'

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...y-hoyle-speaker-commons-john-bercow-amendment

LINDSAY Hoyle has dismantled former Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow's rule to ignore the advice of Parliamentary clerks in a move to repair the "constitutional vandalism" caused by the previous leader.

Speaker Hoyle, who was elected for the role before Christmas, has empowered Commons Clerks to state their views in the Commons library, which in turn restrains the power of the Speaker. The move is a rebuke of the “constitutional vandalism” caused by Mr Bercow, who last year passed an amendment by fellow Remainer Dominic Grieve to give excess power to the Speaker in a bid to halt Brexit, Tom Harwood of Guido Fawkes said on Twitter. Other Twitter users are quick to echo his comments.

One, referring to Speaker Hoyle, said: “What a great Speaker he is turning out to be.”

Another said: “He’s already demonstrated that he is such a better speaker than Bercow.

“Great decision. Though we need to see some more reforms. The alterations Bercow snuck in that allowed him to justify ignoring conventions on emergency debates not being binding, must be changed back.”

Another said: “The new Speaker improves transparency after Bercow’s unscrupulous actions which usurped our democracy.”

In your eyes democracy can only exist if it favours your beliefs. That's just plain wrong.

Sponsored Links
The Guardian has an interesting take on 'to peer or not to peer'.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ng-allegations-westminster-accused-parliament

The problem for me is that brexiteers dont give a monkeys about his bullying.

Its all about this nationalistic fervour that has whipped up brexiteers hatred and anger toward Bercow.
It is the ridiculous "will of the people" rubbbish.

From the article you linked:
He didn’t stop Brexit, but helped ensure parliament wasn’t steamrollered into it.

Sponsored Links
Try reading the piece without your 'Brexiteer' lenses. The topic is Bercow's suitability or otherwise for a peerage while the allegations against him are unresolved. It's a balanced and considered piece. Please try and stay on topic and not turn every thread into another Brexiteer rant. Thank you for your cooperation.
I think you would agree I am staying entirely on topic.

Bercows peerage is of massive interest because of Brexit, it would be of no interest otherwise.

Cummings and Johnson used a very cynical strategy.

They deliberately put all pro remain elements, such as the 21 Tory MPs, esp Grieve, Supreme court judges, Gina Millar and Bercow all together and framed them as an enemy of the people.

What it did was unite all the different factions of brexit together by making them angry at this percieved enemy.

Brexiteers make the emotive claim that Bercow was an enemy of democracy.
But that is manifestly dishonest. Bercow increased the power of parliament to fairly and democratically scrutinise the executive.

Bercow acted to improve democracy, brexiteers dont like because they dishonestly claim that it is acceptable to prevent democratic debate because there was a referendum.

I personally dont think Bercow deserves a peerage because of his bullying, but he should get recognition for the positive changes he has made to parliament, including making it more family friendly.

I give up. Obsessed individuals with zero self-control or consideration for others have trashed GD. Keep on keeping on. Hopefully the mods will close GD down and the trolls and bullies can go elsewhere for their kicks.

Bercows peerage is of massive interest because of Brexit, it would be of no interest otherwise.

They deliberately put all pro remain elements, such as the 21 Tory MPs, esp Grieve, Supreme court judges, Gina Millar and Bercow all together and framed them as an enemy of the people.

What it did was unite all the different factions of brexit together by making them angry at this percieved enemy.

But that is manifestly dishonest. Bercow increased the power of parliament to fairly and democratically scrutinise the executive.

Bercow acted to improve democracy, brexiteers dont like because they dishonestly claim that it is acceptable to prevent democratic debate because there was a referendum.

I personally dont think Bercow deserves a peerage because of his bullying, but he should get recognition for the positive changes he has made to parliament, including making it more family friendly.
"Family friendly" is that why under Bercows watch MPs were allowed to behave like spoiled kids.

"Family friendly" is that why under Bercows watch MPs were allowed to behave like spoiled kids.
by 'spoiled kids' to do you mean 'allowed to say things that disagree with your views'

I give up. Obsessed individuals with zero self-control or consideration for others have trashed GD. Keep on keeping on. Hopefully the mods will close GD down and the trolls and bullies can go elsewhere for their kicks.

What a dishonest person you are.
You dont like my post, so you accuse me, unjustly for being a troll and a bully -please point to any evidence of that in my post, or do the decent thing and apologise

The only reason John Bercow has received so much coverage is because he has been made into a hate figure by the Tories as part of their Brexit propaganda.
therefore my post is entirely relevant.

Bercow acted to improve democracy, brexiteers dont like because they dishonestly claim that it is acceptable to prevent democratic debate because there was a

Whilst you admit hes a bully and that he doesn't deserve his peerage which I agree with you. On the other hand you insist he was grouped together with 'a bunch of reprobates' and framed. By the dastardly duo and as usual us 'mugsiteers' lapped it up.

BBC and sky coverage were hardly pro brexit plus other news feeds enabled me to make my own mind up.. :eek: in fact most of it was from watching uk parliament live that I saw a side of Bercow I didnt like. Or was Cummings editing that live stream too?

I would argue he used his bullying mentality to influence other issues more subtly it was a manifestation of his power and control in his position. He needed to go.

You just cant blame Cummings for everything we can still make our own judgements just as you have.

Whilst you admit hes a bully and that he doesn't deserve his peerage which I agree with you. On the other hand you insist he was grouped together with 'a bunch of reprobates' and framed. By the dastardly duo and as usual us 'mugsiteers' lapped it up.

BBC and sky coverage were hardly pro brexit plus other news feeds enabled me to make my own mind up.. :eek: in fact most of it was from watching uk parliament live that I saw a side of Bercow I didnt like. Or was Cummings editing that live stream too?

I would argue he used his bullying mentality to influence other issues more subtly it was a manifestation of his power and control in his position. He needed to go.

You just cant blame Cummings for everything we can still make our own judgements just as you have.
please explain what John Bercow did wrong in his efforts to increase parliamentary power to allow scrutiny of the executive
You cant

Boris Johnson used his bullying mentality and lies to prorogue parliament -which was a deliberate attempt to prevent parliament scrutiny.
That was totally undemocratic
Why dont you complain about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back