Bercow 'they're conspiring against me'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops not wanting to stir up political handbags..but sorry Bercow what did you expect. Taste of your own medicine comes to mind.

Oh John..I really liked your tone and character but you let it all down with your underhand attempts to stop Brexit!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51434470

Sponsored Links
Yes I read that earlier. I haven't laughed so much since reading Notch, Galahad and John D's posts complaining about fake news and lies. I love a bit of irony, I do, me.

whilst i did think he went a bit outside his remit it was similar to johnstones efforts to prorouge parliament so well matched

Sponsored Links
John Bercow allowed parliament to scrutinise the executive
John Bercow increased democracy

Johnson and the Tory party have put Bercow in the remain enemy camp made him an 'enemy of the people'
sadly people like Fillyboy have been duped by propaganda and are easy targets.

JohnBercow is a Westminster moderniser.

This remains essential work. He has opened parliament up for visitors and expanded its educational and civic presence. In the chamber, he has consistently championed backbench MPs against ministers, allowing prime minister’s questions to extend to almost an hour. He has pioneered the use of urgent questions and emergency debates, thus ensuring that big issues are debated by parliament when MPs want, not when it is convenient for ministers. On Brexit, he has become increasingly ready to allow backbenchers to challenge the claim of modern governments, even in a hung parliament, to sole control of the agenda.

If brexieers dont like John Bercow then they dont like democracy

Johnson and the Tory party have put Bercow in the remain enemy camp made him an 'enemy of the people'
sadly people like Fillyboy have been duped by propaganda and are easy targets.

So you say Notch so you say.

Stop insinuating you are the all seeing eye and we are the duped ones, your proposition in itself is naive to insinuate such.

Lets cast back to many of your posts supporting anyone attempting to block brexit in any way. Hmmm.

Whereas i stated on my opening comments i really liked Bercow i liked his style speaker of the house, but he did not remain impartial as a speaker should be.

Please google 'Bercow impartial'. Then 'irony'.

We all know what happened after in the GE, i think we were all up for a 2nd referendum to ensure we could all review our decision which we had, and thats been put to bed we voted to a brexit government.

JohnBercow is a Westminster moderniser.

(If you hold this to be true), there is a degree of irony that he is (in part , anyway), a victim of this "modernisation", in that his back - office bullying allegations provide easy ammunition against him.

Lindsay Hoyle the speaker of the house doesn't agree with you.

https://order-order.com/2019/11/07/hoyle-promises-rip-bercows-remainer-reforms/

New Speaker Sir Lindsay has confirmed he will ban MPs trying to tear up the Commons rule book in future, and reverse Bercow’s reforms that allowed Remain MPs to block Brexit. Against the advice of constitutional experts at the time…

Speaking on Nick Robinson’s Political Thinking Podcast, Hoyle said his approach will make it much harder for a future House of Commons to resist the government of the day; specifically around whether MPs can amend business motions that set the way in which the Commons structures its debates.

Looking to restore public trust in the role of the Speaker, he has promised to tidy up, clarify and close the loopholes of the Commons rulebook, so “nobody could accuse the Speaker” of anything. Is it any wonder remainers wanted Harriet ‘continuity Bercow’ Harman to win on Monday…

Lindsay Hoyle the speaker of the house doesn't agree with you.
No he doesnt

Please read what you post:

"Hoyle said his approach will make it much harder for a future House of Commons to resist the government of the day"
in other words he wants parliament to be less democratic.
Hoyle is just a Johnson puppet

Looking to restore public trust in the role of the Speaker, he has promised to tidy up, clarify and close the loopholes of the Commons rulebook, so “nobody could accuse the Speaker” of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back