Bespoke painted DIY kitchens and alternatives?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am looking specifically for kitchens that can be bespoke painted (as I am not a fan of some of the standard colours out there and I am looking for very specific shades like F&B Mizzle or Dimity). Naturally this led me to DIY kitchens and I am looking at their carrera slab (painted MDF) or more expensive in-frame Helmsley (solid timber frame with veneer centre panel).

- I had seen some poor reviews about DIY's cheaper wrapped chipboard slabs in comparison to equivalents from Howdens. Does anyone have experience of their more experience range in terms of quality? Does it hold up well?
- Are there other reasonably priced alternative kitchen brands to consider that do bespoke painted? (My Helmsley quote is around the £7k mark so I would love to find alternatives not too far off this)

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
You can order door samples from them
I've got there linwood painted which has the solid wood surround as I preferred the grained effect to flat door

I've got a handleless matt grey and white mix from them, and visitors to the house can't believe it's nearly 10 years old; really well built and fitted. One of the pull out larders is showing a bit of wear on the bottom of the J groove of the handle, where fingernails scratch the paint - it does get opened about 30 times a day

image.jpg

We've got the Clayton painted kitchen (white)from them and we've had it fitted for just shy of 2 years and it still looks as good now as it did when fitted. My fitter had never actually fitted one of there's but was very impressed with the quality of the kitchen compared to the other brands he has fitted. Howdens benchmarx wickes etc Didn't have any issue with delivery or any bits missing

Sponsored Links
bespoke painted DIY kitchen here. been in 4 years and still as new. The paint they use seems tough. It might be a F&B colour, but pretty sure it's not F&B paint. The touch-up they supplied is cellulose, so presume the paint they used is as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back