best all purpose mains-powered drill for £150 or less

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I guess there could be lots of choices here but i am on a budget and want a good all-rounder mains-powered drill for c£150, but it would be nice for less.

it will be doing general diy that my old (but very good ) cordless bosch doesn't have the "umph" for eg drilling into brickwork, the odd bit of metal, some woodwork.

any suggestions appreciated.

kind regards,

Nick

Sponsored Links
have you got a lot of work to do over a short period? (if so a cheapish one will do because if it breaks you can take it back and get a new one)

Or do you need it to last?

the work is likely to be intermittent rather than a big project right now then nothing afterwards, so i guess i'd prefer it to last, but within reason i'm not that fussed.

i know dewalt are a "name" and lots swear by them, but there are so many brands and drills to chose from, i just need a few pointers.

thanks,

Nick

thought I had a test report but can't find it, sorry.

Sponsored Links
Bosch s.d.s. blue (proffessional) do not hesitate to buy this drill.

excellent safety clutch.

you can not kill it.

it will take any stick you give it.

the brushes last forever.

it will go on working forever.

oh, and it can drill holes too.

i have to agree with noseall,they are the only ones that have not let me down,get the 1 that has a rotary stop,so you can use it as a lite kango aswell.

thank you very much for your help - will hopefully try to buy one this weekend.

kind regards,

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back