Best and worst DIY TV shows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Go on, admit it, you watch (some of) them.

Best - beat my build. Nice to see people getting properly stuck into a good sized project, with lots of details on how they tackle jobs, etc and also Laura Hamilton brightens it up.

Tommy Walsh (Ultimate workshop, eco house, challenge....). Makes stuff look easy, sometimes comes across as a funny guy but sometimes misses the mark a bit. Dunno how he built that house in 60 days with all the poncing around on horses, etc though.

New Home DIY (Dave Wellman). That guy comes across as a bit creepy sometimes, with the bunches of flowers etc if the female hapless new home owner has a birthday.

Worst - The New Yankee Workshop. Dreary monotone, workshop full of $10,000 tools which are completely irrelevant to the average DIYer.

What's your best and worst, and why?

Sponsored Links
The worst one has to be 60 minute make over. Plastered, painted, papered and carpeted in one hour :rolleyes:

There used to be a programme presented by a guy called John who was renovating a house over several weeks (Can't remember what it was called). That was really good because he used all top quality materials and everything was done to perfection.

Secret removers is pretty poor , so much so that its on at something like 4am

Sponsored Links
Is Barry Bucknell still on :p
John :)

"and for the modern up to date look we will use 1/8" hardboard on these horrible tired georgian doors" :LOL: :LOL:

i have never watched any "quick" shows if you cannot give it care and time it needs its a bodge that wont last so not worth watching

diy sos is funny sometimes, i love the subliminal advertising in some programs, 'i'll help the poor family out for free (as long as i can park my van on the front)' also the 60 minute one where everything has already been pre-cut and theres about 6 people in each room. still good going though. What was the one where theyd be decorating half the house and the designer would be painting an old chair to add character?

Not quite a DIY show but Homes on Homes and Homes Inspection are my favorites

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back