Best anti-fungus white bath silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone recommend a anti-fungus white bath silicone that can be left forever with out fungus gradually growing / it going black ?

If not possible, which one has longest delay before going black.

Thanks

:)

Sponsored Links
As above, which is what I've used in my bathroom.

No sealant will defy mould forever, unless you dry it off after a shower. If you add up the time spent drying, it's normally less effort to replace the sealant every few years.

Dow Corning is without doubt the best silicon, It tends to last about ten years before deteriorating. The most important thing though, is to dry the mastic after use. Shower screens should be squeegeed and the silicon wiped over with an e-cloth. A real pain in the arse doing this after every shower but it does prolong the life of the sealant and prevents water stains on the shower screen.

Sponsored Links
I have a real hatred for bathroom fitting, but I do like masticing at the end.

Perhaps because it is the end of the job? :mrgreen:

DC is what I used on mine BTW.

Dow Corning 785 for me also.

Although I do also use Mapei coloured silicones for when it's needed. They seem to work equally well, just more expensive & harder to find.

I have a real hatred for bathroom fitting, but I do like masticing at the end.

Perhaps because it is the end of the job? :mrgreen:

DC is what I used on mine BTW.

I love sealing around the basin 'cos that really is the end of the job :LOL:

Listen and learn.
There is a product called Muffycid. It will solve your problem. It costs about £8 a bottle.
Leave your old silicone where it is and spray this product on to it. The black mould will disappear like magic. You don't need to scrub or anything.
It is an anti fungicide and it sanitises the surface to prevent growth for some time. It is a miracle product and works on mould growth on wall paper too.
I am not a salesman for this product but had a problem at my home with an over used shower.
My local plumbers merchant stocks it and I have used it so many times without fail.
It's not the silicone that fails, it's bacteria that wins.
It's made by a company called Faren. Google it.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back