Best approach for missing plaster around radiator brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been left with this, basically the area pictured is where the bottom brackets for my radiator are going.

Rad.png

This is how it was left. Not sure why as I wasn't home. I could call the plasterer back but I'd rather put right myself.

Would this be the best approach?

1. PVA
2. Bonding*
3. Easy skim
4. Rub back

*If bonding is a good approach, what would you recommend for such a small area?

Thanks all

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What an awful job any plasterer worth his salt can plaster over the holes and still leave them visible, scratches and blemishes are horrible also looks like top board is Mr was it primed first? And it looks set back from the bottom board as the plaster is thicker is it level? Just pva the edges and fill it with some thick skim need to sort tape out first ,I wouldn't call him back out after doing a sloppy job like that

Thanks Steve.

Scratches and blemishes all over the shop :(

Yes its MR, should I prime it first before skimming? If so what's best to get for such a small job?

Also, for the top part of the radiator he left the bolts in. Must have done the plastering betweeen them with his fingers because it looked like artex o_O dreadful.

I've sanded that area flat and finished off with easy skim. Looks a lot better now.

Mr board should be primed with a grit like bondit or wba as it's moisture resistant or skim will just sit over the top of it without really sticking I hope he primed it before skimming your best bet now is to just pva the whole patch and fill it with skim was this a pros work?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back