Best base for a 6 x 4 garden shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to dig a wedge out of some sloping woodland ground for a 6 X 4 shed.
Would 2 x 2 slabs be the best base.
after levelling.

Sponsored Links
we have our 8 x 6 shed sitting on 3 x 2 concrete flags, never had any problems as long as you make sure there all bedded firmly and don't rock you shouldn't either.

You will probably get some people tell you that you need to pour a concrete slab for it but in reality you don't, its only a shed after all.

Ps if your working on your own i would recommend 2x2 flags over 3x2

I was thinking of 2 x 2s but have read elsewhere that breeze blocks would be OK for a shed this size ? I am working alone and it would certainly make the job easier.

Sponsored Links
I'm absolutely not an expert of any kind on this but just to say the shed that came with my new house is dug into a slope and on the high side the lower edge and part of the floor inside has rotted because of water running down from he higher ground. Depending on how your ground lies, you might need to think about how and where the water will drain away. There are plenty of people here who will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back