'Best before' dates.

I find this intriguing, I have some grapes in the fridge, best before 8 Nov, I shall monitor their condition ....

Sponsored Links
The modern housewife needs to be told when to throw it away & GO BUY some more . . . . .

Before soopermarkets were invented in the 70's, & everything started being wrapped in 4x layers of packaging, we used to use our supernatural powers to decide when food was 'off'.

So is the 'modern housewife' someone born after the 70's?

Not always. The modern housewife is the progression of a personality that is easily fooled & even easier to sway.

There's a very good reason why most of your tellyvideo is brain dead ****e'. You can blame "advertising" for lowering the standards, this is because the standards have to be lowered to the level of the type of people who are easily fooled & even easier 'swayed' by the ****e' they see on TV.

It's called "demographics" & it's a very interesting subject to research, until you reach the level that you're able to place yourself into one of their demographic box's & you don't like the result.

Sponsored Links
I do most of the cooking in our house. I actually like doing it. Mrs Mottie bakes the cakes though.

edited

In modern society, the term "housewife" has somewhat fallen out of use.

Many women work in full-time jobs just like men.

Where I live comrade JohnD'ski the term "housewife" means exactly the same today as what it did back in the 60's.

Where I live, the term is commonly used derogatively & is neither feminine nor masculine.

I'm a little bit puzzled about your thinking on "Many women work in full-time jobs just like men" comrade JohnD'ski. I do hope your not insinuating that your implied definition of a "housewife" isn't a full time job . . . . !

I do most of the cooking in our house.

All the best chef's are men.

I not only enjoy cooking, I enjoy experimenting in cooking. I don't do desserts, I only do the main meal or side dish's.

At a gathering of the clan a few years ago, I overheard a nieces new BF whisper in her ear "I didn't think potatoe could ever taste like that", bless him. tatty's cost nowt & if you think it all taste's the same . . . . Then start experimenting with the texture.

There's so many varieties of potato.

Many people think of spuds as a starchy, bland food, but there are some that have a fantastic flavour. One of my favourites is Pink Fir Apple.

Seasoning makes an incredible difference too. A knob of butter, a splash of cream and some good quality salt and ground white pepper in mash really lift the flavours.

I don’t put any fruit in the fridge, nor eggs or tomatoes.
Fruit i.e Bananas, grapes ,apples , potatoes etc will last several weeks longer in a fridge . ( they are picked before they are ripe then transported across the World in Fridge containers )

leaving fruit out, they will go softer and become more sweeter . You takes your choice .

There's so many varieties of potato.

Many people think of spuds as a starchy, bland food, but there are some that have a fantastic flavour. One of my favourites is Pink Fir Apple.

Seasoning makes an incredible difference too. A knob of butter, a splash of cream and some good quality salt and ground white pepper in mash really lift the flavours.

My grandkids are strictly rationed on their sugar intake, so grandad invented honey glazed chips :)

Don't tell their mum that they're fried in lard.

Sponsored Links
Back