VOKERA 28 - WATER PRESSURE QUERY...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll do my best to explain my problem here but please do excuse my inability to use the correct terminology. I'm someone with precious little experience of Boilers... Even though I've dated plenty of them in the past...

Right!.. A while back, we had our Boiler serviced. The bloke advised me to keep an eye on the little dial on the left which has the word 'BAR' on it as well as a blue indicator and numbers ranging from 0 to 4. He said the blue indicator should be kept around 1.5 for the Boiler to remain problem free. He told me not to let it get anywhere close to 3 otherwise I'd have water gushing from the overflow pipe outside. Having to put an umbrella up every time I needed to take the trash out to the bin would be a minor inconvenience but we've just had a water meter installed so the overflow pipe would waste money as well as water and if that happens, my Mum will have a complete dicky fit! :(
The blue indicator is now cause for panic!.. For some reason it has jumped up way past 1.5 and is now on the verge of going into the red and striking 3!

Could someone please tell me how to get that blue indicator back down to the 1.5 setting so that I don't wind up round the back of my House standing on a ladder with my finger stuck in a the overflow pipe screaming for help!?

The guy who came to service the flippin' thing should have trained me so that I'd be prepared for this kind of emergency but he was too concerned about getting home in time to watch that survival bloke... Bear somebody or other. :(

Please share your wisdom. Otherwise I think we could be in peril very soon.

Thank you in advance!

Rusty. :)

Sponsored Links
Rusty

There are a few things wrong here! :(
Check if your filling loop is not left in a ON position. The filling loop is what is used to fill the boiler with water pressure.
When you said the gauge is near the 3, does this happen when the heating is on?
Also does the needle go down when the heating is OFF?
If so this could be a blocked heat exchanger. You don't need to know what that is just yet.
If you are desperate to get the needle back down to 1.5 bar, you can do this by releasing water from a radiator bleeding point.
You will need a bleeding key.

Not a good idea to stick your finger in the overflow pipe if it does start to leak :mrgreen:

Rusty, are you sure boiler is called Vokera 28? Me thinks not :confused:

To Abcplumb

Thank you for responding so quickly to my post. The tap for the filling loop is the one familiarity I have with my Boiler. I managed to leave it turned on last year and paid the emergency Plumber seventy odd quid to turn it off and leave me broke and feeling stupid. It's the memory of that previous experience that switched me into panic mode this time. I checked and it's deffinately turned off.

The guage was near three the other day when the heating was on and it was still there yesterday when the heating was off but...

I did have a key and I followed your advice and used it to bleed a radiator. I looked the other way while I did it 'cause I hate the sight of bood but it worked! The pressure reading lowered and so did my sense of panic!

This reply carries my thanks to you. I'm glad you decided to be a Plumber... If you'd been an Airline Pilot I'd have been well and truly stuffed!

Rusty.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Rusty

I'm happy to help, didn't have much choice as that's what my old man did.
But I did study graphic design as a future career, which helped in designing my web site.
Anyway its good to help happy people like you.
All the best.
Don't forget to click the thanks button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back