Best diy wired alarm system under £200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says really, have read through various posts but no real conclusions apart from wired seems to be the way to go, so recommendations please.
The house is a 3 bed semi, front door, side door, rear patio doors so I thought 3 pirs and 3 door contacts to alarm the downstairs would suffice with a remote keypad up stairs and the main panel in the understairs cupboard

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The texacom one would do the job it as a grade 1 unit sutaible for domestic systems. We use them all the time for domestics.

What do you want it to do?

My panel costs over £300 alone.

Do a risk assesment free download here, http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/files/file/48-sia-techmaster/

Use the EN50131 Risk Assements part.

Then see what you think you may require.

I currently have no alarm and have recently bought a nice car so worried about thieves breaking in to steal keys, I currently take them to bed with me but now think thats a bad idea. I just want a good reliable system that doesn't give false alarms apart from that I'm open to suggestions.

I assume you have a Thatcham approved alarm and tracker?

One fault of people is leaving the keys in view of a letter box, and a fishing rod gets them!

Your worry is the car, so protect the car, the driveway if you have one.
Fit gates if the car is worth that much.

Sorry but your proposing to protect a car worth ( no idea is it a DB9, a Audi R8?) several thousand with £300 quids worth of alarm that protects your home, not the car!

I assume you have a Thatcham approved alarm and tracker?

One fault of people is leaving the keys in view of a letter box, and a fishing rod gets them!

Your worry is the car, so protect the car, the driveway if you have one.
Fit gates if the car is worth that much.

Sorry but your proposing to protect a car worth ( no idea is it a DB9, a Audi R8?) several thousand with £300 quids worth of alarm that protects your home, not the car!

No worry is not the car, cars insured, the worry is my family if thieves break in to steal the car keys. Car fully alarmed etc security lights, gates on drive, keys now kept in draw. Only lived here a couple of years, nice area, very quite never got round to fitting an alarm hence my questions.

Sort the perimiter out first.
Lights, good locks.
Get a BLI affliated local locksmith to quote.

Then get 3 quotes from alarm companies to see what electronic needs you have.

Just needed to know about alarms not to be lectured on my security you obviously don't read my posts properly before you reply.

Just needed to know about alarms not to be lectured on my security you obviously don't read my posts properly before you reply.

Yes. We are just a bunch of idiots with nothing better to do than read your posts properly and post the information that you didn't pay for. Worra tossa. :rolleyes:

Err Mr Dork, You never answered my question on WHAT DO YOU WANT THE SYSTEM TO DO.
Whilst awaiting non coming answer I suggested what any professional would do and check your physical security. Any one can have a great big all singing dancing alarm system, but to have a £12.00 nightlatch on your door defeats the object.
You seem to have made your mind up, so go fit whatever cack you want. And remember when it is stolen we told you so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back