Help With Alarm Spec Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning on installing a Texecom alarm system in my house ASAP. I've already pulled quite a bit of the cable and I've got a fused spur ready for the panel. I've been on to Alert's website and added a few bits that I need. Basically, I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing...:

Front door - flush contact
Side & back doors - surface contacts
PIR - hallway
Downstairs windows - shock sensors??

Alarm panel to be situated under stairs cupboard. Remote keypad by front door.

Questions:
Are shock sensors worth having or would I be better putting PIRs all the downstairs rooms? Alert don't seem to stock them - any recommended suppliers?

I've opted for the Texecom 24 as it's a small system. I'm confused about "zones" and "areas" though?

Any other feedback, suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
premier 24 8 zones onboard end of line or 8 plus global tamper, 2 zones on keypad so 10 in totall, you can run your hallway and front door contact to the keypad if you need more than 8 zones, no areas just 3 part sets as well as full set.

Thanks.

The last time I fitted one, all sensors were end of line. Is this the best way to do it? Or is it worth serially connecting multiple sensors in a zone?

Sponsored Links
Actually, just to clarify as I think I'm misunderstaning...

Does each sensor constitute a zone???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back