Best electic tile saw for £50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not sure if this is best in here or the tool section but here goes. I need an electric tile saw but only have a budget of about £50.

Its a diy project but we are tiling kitchen floor & walls, dining room , utility and bathroom. Total area in excess of 40 sqm I think (guessed) so think best to get a diamond bladed cutter to save time. It will probably not be used again after or atleast not for a long time. Nothing out of the ordinary, just porcelain or ceramic wall and floor tiles.

I think hiring is out of the option because the tiling will be done over many weekends. We dont seam to make fast progress!

Does anyone have an recommendations?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you'd be better off with a good manual cutter as most of your cuts will be straights. leave the shaped ones until last then hire one for a day.

electric saws are much slower and actually less accurate if used for every cut - you'll be doing the job all year!

Thanks tpt. I hadnt even considered it may actually be slower. We have a reasonable manual cutter already but I not sure how durable it is. Certainly worth a test!

Sponsored Links
slower, wetter and because the tile can move, less accurate.

with the manual cutter, make sure you only scribe once and make sure the wheel doesnt have chips in it - other than that you should be fine. some porcelain can be hard work, but if you take your time its fine once you get the hang of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back