Best Eurolock Cylinder to Fit?

Euro profiles have always had that issue we knew that years ago, hence fitting shorter cylinders and lock guards ( which have a dual purpose). Then with Evva we started importing anti-snap cylinders in the early 80`s.

You mention Abloy, who are now with Assa. This can be picked, here is a link to various locks and methods, all available on the net, no secrets there!

http://www.blackhat.com/presentatio...llam/Whitepaper/bh-eu-08-deviant_ollam-WP.pdf

Also there are picking kits available for Chubb lever and detainer locks. Then there are the ones you make yourself

Now look at Kaba, seriously good cylinders http://www.kaba.co.uk/Products-Solutions/Mechanical-Locks/67688/pextra-lam-sbs.html Yet you will note the items have passed testing but the most they say is the product is RESISTANT, not impregnable.

You will note the use of sidebars to assist in anti bumping but if you have a blank it will suffice to avoid this as most sidebars are a standard size and position, also there to give key exclusivity.

What needs to be done is the sale of bumping keys or restricted keys to non trade, and the trade persons who break this are suspended from further purchasing...............some chance.

To finish for non tech people in this field, the average idiot running about cannot do most of what has been discussed. Brute force is generally what they use. Professional locksmiths will not give out the keys needed. The problems we have discussed ( and sorry to Hixxy) is these new "help you start up" companies with 1 3 or 5 day "Become a locksmith" courses. They do not do criminal record checks ( The ones we looked at did not anyway), so it could be anyone being given instruction on the opening methods, but rest assured a days worth does not prepare you for what you have to do in the field so to speak.

Just make sure you lock up when you go out, set the alarm if you have one. And dont worry.

Sponsored Links
Euro profiles have always had that issue we knew that years ago, hence fitting shorter cylinders and lock guards ( which have a dual purpose). Then with Evva we started importing anti-snap cylinders in the early 80`s.

You mention Abloy, who are now with Assa. This can be picked, here is a link to various locks and methods, all available on the net, no secrets there!

http://www.blackhat.com/presentatio...llam/Whitepaper/bh-eu-08-deviant_ollam-WP.pdf

Also there are picking kits available for Chubb lever and detainer locks. Then there are the ones you make yourself

Now look at Kaba, seriously good cylinders http://www.kaba.co.uk/Products-Solutions/Mechanical-Locks/67688/pextra-lam-sbs.html Yet you will note the items have passed testing but the most they say is the product is RESISTANT, not impregnable.

You will note the use of sidebars to assist in anti bumping but if you have a blank it will suffice to avoid this as most sidebars are a standard size and position, also there to give key exclusivity.

What needs to be done is the sale of bumping keys or restricted keys to non trade, and the trade persons who break this are suspended from further purchasing...............some chance.

To finish for non tech people in this field, the average idiot running about cannot do most of what has been discussed. Brute force is generally what they use. Professional locksmiths will not give out the keys needed. The problems we have discussed ( and sorry to Hixxy) is these new "help you start up" companies with 1 3 or 5 day "Become a locksmith" courses. They do not do criminal record checks ( The ones we looked at did not anyway), so it could be anyone being given instruction on the opening methods, but rest assured a days worth does not prepare you for what you have to do in the field so to speak.

Just make sure you lock up when you go out, set the alarm if you have one. And dont worry.

Some good advice there.

I was not aware of these lock smith courses you can attend, seems pretty crazy without even a crb check, but thats the world we live in. I do think we had crossed wires alarm as it was not a lock smiths course I attended it was a gaining entry course through the fire service. Were constantly training to improve how we do things so instead of smashing a door to bits with the door breaker we can "get in" via other means. Costing the owner less to repair any damages and we get in as quick if not quicker And we can leave the property some what secure when we leave. not using the tools a lock smith has as we don't carry these on front line appliances.
As you know how "easy" it is I was just suggesting looking at the abs locks/cyliners not euro ones.

I was aware of the "gain entry course" just was not sure how it was being used,as it is generally a destructive mode of entry.
Now I know your a member of the Brigade I understand. Of course your not going to carry specific equipment as it would slow down the process you have to use.
I can guess the methods you were shown for probable "persons reported" but not necessarily in a fire.
Not too sure what was exactly covered but I have a few m8ts who are "retained" in the sticks and when we meet up I sometimes give them tips on things they have found. They even use them occasionally.

Perhaps you cold get the powers that be to contact the Master Locksmiths Association http://www.locksmiths.co.uk/ they can set up what i was doing a few years ( 20 or so) and get a video made up of MOE examples for fast entry. I believe mine is still being used :D But TBH it was a basic one at the time, my first time as a tutor :-S

Anyway, yes the ABS is good as is a few others mentioned.

Keep up the good work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back