Best filler for ceiling cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen ceiling has developed some cracks. I dare say I should get someone in to screw into joists or whatever but no time for that at present; want to make it look better in time for an unexpected visitor due soon. I want to fill the cracks and repaint and if that doesn't work will do the big job next time. Can anyone tell me what is the best filler on the market for this type of job at present. I haven't done any decorating myself for a while. Also, what is the best matt paint for a kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Toupret fine filler.

An eggshell finish is most practical for kitchens, not an emulsion. Or you could try Dulux Matt Endurance (supposed to be 20x more scrubbable than ordinary paint).

Sponsored Links
I use Toupret but always scrim tape first. If you just fill on it's own you'll be lucky if it lasts a week.

Ronseal smooth finish filler. I have used this and achieved good results. You can get this in a tube for ease of use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back