Best filler for fixing gaps around lightswitches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've just done my second fix electrics and found that there are some nasty gaps around some of the lightswitches (see the photo). The plasterer should have swept the multifinish over the hole more.

What's the best way to sort this out?

I'm guessing some sort of filler but any tips on the best type, and any techniques/tricks of the trade to get them looking nice would be really handy. One of them is right opposite you when you enter the front door so I'd like it to look good.

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Easi-fil would be your best bet I dont think you can get it in small bags tho ,(but it lasts a long time if you seal the bag and keep it dry).And no doubt you will probably have other occasions to use it. just loose your lightswitch off mix a bit with clean water and just put it on the areas that are short let it go off then sand it to a finish then paint it .This is probably the best filler you can use as it sands down loverly.... ;)You could leave the switch on and work round it but it wouldn't look tha good if anyone had to take switch off again and if they are dimmers then there is probably a chance of that in the future eh? ;)

Sponsored Links
I prefer the lightweight fillers, red devil/wickes. The stuff that feels like and empty bucket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back