BEST FILLER FOR THE JOB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone can suggest the best filler for interior decor? I have noticed a few cracks caused (presumably) by movement, and wondered what the best filler would be to use? i noticed the cracks when pulling of some of the wallpaper(Its not a old buliding) and the plaster doesnt seem loose. Also would it be safe to use a wallpaper stripper or something else as I dont want to risk any plaster damage

regards

Les

Sponsored Links
Hi, are you going to paint or are you going to paper line the walls? If repaint only then Easyfill is strongly recommended. Fill the cracks loud and proud, dont think smoothing them off to the original finish level will do, let it dry and sand off to your hearts content, seal the easyfill with PVA 3 to 1 mix and when dry paint away.
Hope this helps

Toupret is a filler that I would highly recommend. You won't find it in any of the sheds but it will be available in your local independent decorators merchants also available in Brewers and Cane and Adams.

http://www.toupretpro.co.uk/products/product_view.php?pid=1

No need to put pva adhesive on it unless the paint you are using specifically requires it.

A 1 kilo box costs about £7 (I think)

Tip. Get a tupperware type sarnie box with the snap lids to keep the powder dry.

Toupret have a large range of products, make sure you get the interior filler.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Toupret, I fist used this the other day..... very good stuff, I used the 3 hour one. you can use it on any depth, mix it up thick.... its strong as well. I notice a lot of people comment who have not used it, and say other are better. you have to try to know.

It must be one of the best out there. smoooooth

Darren

Im using some easifill at the moment to repair some walls before painting - and I've gotta say its good stuff.

How important is it to cover with pva first? I was just going to use a watered down coat of paint to prep the wall before painting it the final colour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back