best free spyware

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the title says it all, anyone know the best one? im using xoftspy but it must be 2 years old and dont seem to be clearing the spam totally anymore.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can get the free personal version without having to sign up to trial pay.

Trial pay gets you the plus version for free.

Try malware bytes as recommended by dave.m on here.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies, the one i have was paid for before and it costs to upgrade so never bothered.

and the avg i have but it doesnt clear the bits i want to.

thanks for help

Windows Defender gives good 'real-time' protection and it has auto-updates.

NOTE! Most Free versions of AntiSpyware software do not provide ‘real-time’ cover. They are ideal for weekly scans and removal of infections, but do not prevent your computer getting infected.

WinPatrol, Windows Defender, Spyware Terminator and Spyware Blaster are real-time system protectors. Also Spybot Search & destroy has the ‘Tea-timer’ as real-time protection.

I have just posted a list that I compiled of lots of free software:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1250610#1250610

dave

no offense dude but that list is sh*t i went through it all and once downloaded you have to pay to delete bugs.

thanks for effort for someone else im sure, but i was asking about FREE spyware.

i have sorted it all now thanks

I had nothing but trouble with AVG 8 and it missed a lot that others found :mad:

no offense dude but that list is sh*t i went through it all and once downloaded you have to pay to delete bugs.

thanks for effort for someone else im sure, but i was asking about FREE spyware.

What program wanted paying to delete bugs? Because ALL the software on that list is FREE to download and FREE to use.
If you clicked on the wrong download button and went for a paid-for vewrsion then I cannot be blamed for your inability to use software correctly.

I had nothing but trouble with AVG 8 and it missed a lot that others found :mad:

I wouldn't use AVG 8 myself but as it is free and some people do like it, if I didn't include it then they would be shouting about it.

I have used most of the programs on that list but some I liked and others (Avast is one) I could not get on with, even if tests show it to be about the best free antivirus on the market.

What program wanted paying to delete bugs? Because ALL the software on that list is FREE to download and FREE to use.
If you clicked on the wrong download button and went for a paid-for vewrsion then I cannot be blamed for your inability to use software correctly.

no dude the links you provided for spyware well the ones i hit from your list let me download no questions, took details no problem, did the scan lovely jubbly then when it got to remove items asked for payments, so its not my problem when you havent checked your story out properly. i think you should warn people of this happenening as its a waste of time telling people its free when clearly it isnt.

so stop being a cocky P**ck and either tell the truth or shut up, the only thing i can think of here is you work on some kind of affiliation here.

Using a program that provides 'sandboxing' to stop malware from ever getting on the system in the first place is best I'd say. Do a search on 'sandboxing' or 'sandbox'.

Scanning/monitoring/removal programs are necessary but if a sandbox is in place,it's likely they won't be called on very much to do their jobs.

the ones i hit from your list
are you able to say which ones?

where did they ask you to send payment to?

I have used Ad-Aware Free, Spybot and Windows Defender. None of those need payment.

Maybe you have picked up some other infection from a scammer?

There are some non-reputable suppliers that send a fake program that generates fake warnings and fake demands for money. There is an advantage to never telling them yoyr real name and address, and using one of several email addresses so that if one of them gets into the hands of scammers, you can cancel it

Obviously, never tell anyone your credit card number and code.

I too am at a loss to find anything on these links that asks me to pay on the free versions :confused:

As with all software there are obviously links that will ask you to pay to upgrade to better or 'professional' versions, which I normally do, to get maximum protection for my business PC's.

I have tried most of the freebies recommended at one time and another without a payment request.

-p-

Sponsored Links
Back