Best glue for composite deck trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have just laid a composite deck in my garden an now want to attach the trim around it.
I don't want to screw it down so some sort of glue / adhesive is in order

But which one should I use - Gorilla Glue has been mentioned but has anybody got any recommendations for this

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Gorilla glue is amazing. I butt jointed to 15mm boards about 18 months ago for a job I was doing. Worked a treat. Needed a scrap piece of board about 3 months ago so decided to break these two apart. Put them across two spreaders and hit with a heavy mallet just off centre, (by accident, was aiming for the centre). Instead of the joint separating one of the boards split half way across along the length. I only use Gorilla now but you should leave it for 24 hours for maximum strength.

Gorilla glue is good but the way it can run (dribble) and foams up would probably see me use a PU based construction adhesive instead.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back